Tuesday, May 12, 2015

His Presence Like an Ocean: Too Tired To Sing

There are some morning I get up and genuinely need a boost.  Not just from that first cup of delicious, hot, steaming, perfectly brewed, cup of coffee, but a REAL boost.  This is one of those mornings for me.  I've been running around like crazy with little time to slow down and rest at all.  This coming weekend will be one of the first weekends in the past couple months that I'll actually have some substantial chill time with my wife and daughter (and date night!).


So what do I do when I get to that point of exhaustion?  I press in.

When I feel that I don't have the mental, physical, or spiritual energy to sing I simply soak.  Some of my closest friends have heard me use this term countless times.


Soak: 1. to lie in and become saturated or permeated with water or some other liquid.

2. to penetrate or become known to the mind or feelings.


The incredible thing about God's presence is that it's actually tangible to us!  I've always loved the imagery of His presence being like an ocean, like water, and I'm often floating on my back near the surface when His desire for me is to just let myself sink in to His depths.


If you find yourself in that place today, where you are just tired, and you need to rest and soak in the amazing, healing, refreshing, presence of your Father then tune in to this video.  I've been a big fan of Bethel Church and the worship that comes out of that house, both musically and spiritually.  I love seeing the prophetic nature of His spirit come pouring out of His people as they worship and that happens in this video.  So sit back and let His water wash over you, drowning your exhaustion, refreshing and recharging your body, mind and spirit.


666f0378af5b7bf8739ec1393222edd6d955ea6658644255ec