Monday, February 2, 2015

The Daily Tune: NYC

Today's tune is brought to you by yours truly.

This is a little ditty I wrote years ago after an amazing trip to New York City for the IAJE (International Association of Jazz Educators) Conference.
While I was there, I instantly fell in love with the incredible city and all the history and culture it's literally jam packed full of.
After a good 48 hours of no sleep, I finally brought all engines to full stop, only to start feeling the creative itch kick in.  So with my feet kicked up in the window of our hotel, near Times Square, I put pen to paper an crafted this song.

This is a very special tune to me and pays homage to one of the greatest songwriters who's ever graced a stage anywhere.  Billy Joel.
While the song itself sounds nothing like his mega hit, you will catch a little snip of my 'ode to Joel' in the chorus.