Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Worship Music is Getting Dubstep'd & I LOVE IT

Dub step is one of those things that I think you either love or hate.  I once saw an episode of King of the Hill where Hank Hill asked his son, Bobby, what he was listening to.  When Bobby placed his, very 1990's, headphones on his dads ears Hanks expression changed to one of shock and horror as he exclaimed, "It's just a bunch of toilet noises!"

Well I don't agree with good ol' Hank Hill, because I have a special place in my heart for Dubstep.  This music not only has the ability to amp me up, I have a playlist I use when I go running, but also has served to help me focus and block out distractions.  Beyond that, there is an insane amount of creativity and musicality that is put in to this genre!  I would challenge anyone who airs on the side of Hank Hill to prove me otherwise.  The detail that goes in to something like this, without completely understanding all of it, has got to be insane!  If the artist is using samples of songs for their mix they have to often bend and re-tune it to fit the mix.  On top of that they have to understand how to work with waves.  Then there is the process of actually putting all of this together in to a product that thumps you in the chest like an external heartbeat.

Anywho,
I love Dubstep and I am EXCITED by the fact that some worship music has been getting a makeover.  That's right folks!  Worship Dubstep!  I recently came across a great YouTube channel that's specifically for showcasing the best in Christian Dubstep.  Check it out!